Published on: 2020-11-09
Being 32, I don't feel young so much anymore. Bike crashes might have worked against me, but whatever. The last 4 years were the best ones so far. And I want to make the best of the ones to come. However, should I feel that third-life crisis?
A third-life what ?
I used my favorite search engine (NOT Google) to look up for a simple way to define what a third-life crisis is.
So you have your twenties and “What am I GOING to do with my life” (future). You have your forties-fifties and “What have I DONE with my life” (past). Enter the third-life crisis in your thirties and “What am I DOING with my life” (present).
(The Third-Life Crisis and How to Handle It
, Jennifer Ostroski)
Questions I should ask to myself, right now
- Should I quit my current job with benefits and try somewhere else?
- Should I move somewhere that can allow me to reduce my working schedule to part-time and still feel good about myself?
- Should I leave my dream land (BC) mainly to exit the rat race?
- What to do with that damn car?
- What to prioritize: more money or more time?
- What if I don't do what's best?
- A second child or not?
Things I wish I knew
- How to invest early.
- How to avoid the endless trap of working to live and living to work.
- How to be more creative, to be able to work for me, at my own pace.
This post is a big work in progress. I'm not even sure where it is going actually. Like my life.
And you know what? Sometimes, letting it go is a great thing. Nature does its thing too.
Some paths of further reading